Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marksn

Default Ebedded objects not printing correctly

I have a word doc that was sent to me that has an embedded table. When I go
to print I get the character string {embed MSworks4sheet} instead of the
table.

Similarly, recently I tried a print merge from excel and instead of printing
the addresses on the labels it just printed the embed string.

The doc itself looks correct, but when I go to print it reverts to command
strings.

HELP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi marksn,

Select the item(s) that result in the field code when printed, and press
Ctrl+Shift-F9. This way, the field gets replaced by its result. You won't be
able to edit the object by doubleclicking it any longer.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"marksn" wrote:

I have a word doc that was sent to me that has an embedded table. When I go
to print I get the character string {embed MSworks4sheet} instead of the
table.

Similarly, recently I tried a print merge from excel and instead of printing
the addresses on the labels it just printed the embed string.

The doc itself looks correct, but when I go to print it reverts to command
strings.

HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While what Cooz told you will work, you could have accomplished the same
thing by clearing the check box for "Field codes" on the Print tab of Tools