Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deana

Default How do i place a checkmark in a checkbox in a template?

I have created a template in Word with blank checkboxes and would like people
who come in and fill out the form to be able to check the box. I know I've
seen this on several forms before, but cannot figure out how to put this
option on the Word template that I've created. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you use a check box form field? Have you protected the form? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"deana" wrote in message
I have created a template in Word with blank checkboxes and would like

people
who come in and fill out the form to be able to check the box. I know I've
seen this on several forms before, but cannot figure out how to put this
option on the Word template that I've created. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You may simply want to protect your document for forms. Does this do what
you want?

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon