Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sue

Default how to make footnotes appear in superscript automatically

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Modify the Footnote Reference style to make it superscript.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you insert a footnote using Word's Insert | Reference | Footnote
command, the footnote reference mark (both in the document and in the note)
is formatted with the Footnote Reference style. By default, this style is
formatted as Superscript. If you are finding that yours isn't, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html