Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scanned image

Default how do i edit a scanned image

useing my scanner/printer i scanned a tex and can not bring it up on word so
i can edit it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You need to convert your graphical image to editable text using OCR
software.

scanned image wrote:
useing my scanner/printer i scanned a tex and can not bring it up on
word so i can edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ewan7279

Hi,

Scanned documents cannot be edited by Word because they are images.

Ewan

"scanned image" wrote:

useing my scanner/printer i scanned a tex and can not bring it up on word so
i can edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ewan7279

Graham Mayor suggests below that 'OCR software' or the full version of
acrobat can do this for you.

"scanned image" wrote:

useing my scanner/printer i scanned a tex and can not bring it up on word so
i can edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I don't think Acrobat can do that. I have Acrobat Pro and although I've
never tried, I have my doubts.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"scanned image" wrote:

useing my scanner/printer i scanned a tex and can not bring it up on
word so
i can edit it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I didn't think so. It just didn't sound doable, but, hey - I've seen some
pretty cool things done with software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]