Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Default How do you create a banner in Word?

I know you can download a banner from the Office web site, however, how do
you create one from scratch?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Given that Word doesn't support banner printing, I'd say that you can't
create one in Word (the absolute maximum dimension for any Word document is
22", and you must have a printer capable of printing that size). I suspect
if you downloaded any banner templates, they were for Publisher.

"Karen" wrote in message
I know you can download a banner from the Office web site, however, how do
you create one from scratch?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I couldn't tell you how to create a banner in Word, but what I would do is
download one of the banner templates in Word and save it and then edit it
according to what I wanted it to say. I downloaded one and was successful in
editing it. It printed just fine on three separate sheets of paper.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Karen" wrote:

I know you can download a banner from the Office web site, however, how do
you create one from scratch?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Karen,

It looks like the Banner templates on http://office.microsoft.com/templates for MS Word, such as 'celebrate'

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...427591033.aspx

were created by using linked text boxes and really large type (300 pts in this case). An interesting approach to working around a
Word limitation.

As Suzanne mentioned Word has a 'built in' limitation of single page size of 22" w x 22" h. The linked text boxes work by 'flowing'
text that you type that doesn't fit in the first box into the 2nd box.

By creating a page, drawing a text box and having a manual page break inserted then linking to a similar box on the next page (i.e.
one linked box per page) then linking them the text could be typed and 'flowed' forward to sucessive pages, where Word could then
print the separate pages which you would tape together.

The backgrounds are a combination of a graphic (stars) in the page header (View=Header/Footer) and manually inserted graphics
(comets) in the document layered in behind the textboxes that hold the text. (i.e. a lot of work that you could avoid somewhat in
Publisher or even in Excel, if those were also available to you.

If you wanted, in this sample one, to replace the text 'Celebrate' with 'Congratulations' you can click into the textbox that starts
the word Celebrate, then use Edit=Replace, search for Celebrate and type in the 'replace with box' Congratulations, but, the
problem will be that you'd need to create a 4th linked text box (a new page) to hold the 'longer' word, or reduce the font size from
300 pts to 200pts as part of the Edit=Replace method (using the 'More'=Format=Font=Size choice in the 'replace with choice' (or
choosing a style that would have that property). If you have turned on the 'Template Help...' choice in
Help=Customer Feedback Options=Online Content you may find the linked help on how to work with Textboxes and other features used
in this template to be useful to you.

Another way to go is to create what you want in one page in Word and copy=paste=stretch in Poster/banner software such as
http://postersw.com
http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products...ok/banner.html

=====================
"Karen" wrote in message ...
I know you can download a banner from the Office web site, however, how do
you create one from scratch?
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview