Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peg K

Default Find & Replace

I have Windows XP
Microsoft Office Word 2003
When I am using Find & Replace after bringing in text from a Web site.
You can get rid of a paragraph break by typing "^p" in find and hitting the
backspace key in replace. How do you get rid of a "right angle arrow" that is
not between two vertical lines.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

It sounds like you are referring to a manual line break (Shift + Enter). In
the Find box insert ^l (that's an "el").

"Peg K" wrote:

I have Windows XP
Microsoft Office Word 2003
When I am using Find & Replace after bringing in text from a Web site.
You can get rid of a paragraph break by typing "^p" in find and hitting the
backspace key in replace. How do you get rid of a "right angle arrow" that is
not between two vertical lines.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peg K

Is there a site to find other representations for other characters, similar
to what one uses ^l for manual line break, and ^p for paragraph?

"Peg K" wrote:

I have Windows XP
Microsoft Office Word 2003
When I am using Find & Replace after bringing in text from a Web site.
You can get rid of a paragraph break by typing "^p" in find and hitting the
backspace key in replace. How do you get rid of a "right angle arrow" that is
not between two vertical lines.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Both of these are listed in the dialog itself. Click More, then Special. But
see WD97: Control Codes to Use with Find and Replace (Edit Menu) at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197855. If there's a more recent version
of this article, I can't find it, but the codes haven't changed. Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm