Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Slow Learner

Default Word 2002 table list problem

Still having problems with my document made up of 3 column tables. Column 1
and column 3 are supposed to be centered while column 2 is supposed to be
left aligned.
Every time I make a change, close the document, or open the document the
data in the cells of the tables goes nuts.
I get fonts in different sizes, shapes and colours. I get bolding
throughout sections. I get centering when I want left aligning. IT IS A
MESS and everytime I take the time to fix it up (another near impossible
chore as it will not recognize style changes (flicking on then off) and will
not recognize NO to automatic updates or simply changes the cell I am working
in and silently makes a mess somewhere else in the document before and/or
after the area I am in.
What can I do? Why is this happening? Is there any easy way to check
coding etc. to see what the problem is??? Having to manually go through each
page of a document every time you change or enter something is crazy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Have you already checked to make sure that pretty much everything on the
AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools | AutoCorrect Options is disabled, but
especially "Define styles based on your formatting," and that none of your
styles is set to update automatically?

"Slow Learner" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Slow Learner

I thought I had but possibly I am not getting all of them. If I were to do
an Edit | Select All and then did the Auto change that it might capture all,
or do I have to go through the document and select each table and non table
entry?

"Slow Learner" wrote:

[...]

Fill-in field prompts Deb McLellan New Users 7 March 13th 06 08:43 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Table Incompatibility Between Word 2002 and Word 2003 JCS Documentation Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 05 09:07 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM