Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Smiley Guy

Default Lock formatting for rows in a table?

We have "Daily Notices" documents at my school. They are read out every
morning. The document is shared in that every staff member can add a message
into each row of a table (1 column table). Each row corresponds to a school
year, so we have one row for Year 7, one row for Year 8 etc. We have one
document for each day.

The problem is when a user copies & pastes a message from say Monday's doc
into other days, the border formatting is also copied into the destination
row so the borders get mucked up as the old formatting is copied over. What
appears to happen is that one row seems to be split by a paragraph with its
own border (copied from another doc).

Is there any way to prevent the formatting being carried over int he
document. I know users can choose EditPaste SpecialUnformatted text but I
really want to make it easier for them. Should I be using another feature
besides tables & rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If your staff are so hopeless that they can't cope with three mouse clicks
to paste the text, then give them a macro attached to a toolbar button to do
it with one.

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

Smiley Guy wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Smiley Guy

Thanks - looks like exactly what I need. I did offer the solution of the "3
clicks" but I got a reply asking if it could be easier!

Thanks for the "dummies" instructions on adding the Macro. How did you
know?!

Smiley Guy wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor