Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori

Default Any Way to Determine Which Avery Label Template Was Used?

Ya. Got a secretary, quite a few actually, who love creating labels and then
can't recal which Avery one they used for which document. I've suggested
they put the information in the footer but you know how some folks are...

Anyone have any way to quickly determine which one?

~Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

I'll echo Suzanne's caution about footers. Use any of the document
properties in the File Properties dialog instead.

To answer the question about identifying the label stock used for an
existing label document, no, there isn't any quick or foolproof
method.

If the document was the last one made in that copy of Word, the Avery
stock number will still be visible when you open the Labels dialog.

If that doesn't help, the best you can do is to note the dimensions of
the table cells in the document, and the margins and the spaces
between labels (if any); then try to match those measurements to the
definitions of the labels in the Options dialog or in the lists of
labels on Avery's site. These are the most commonly used ones,
although the site has several other types:

Inkjet labels
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...alogcode=WEB01

Laser labels
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...alogcode=WEB01

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Lori" wrote in message
Ya. Got a secretary, quite a few actually, who love creating labels and

then
can't recal which Avery one they used for which document. I've suggested
they put the information in the footer but you know how some folks are...

Anyone have any way to quickly determine which one?

~Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Compare size of labels to the label stock you have? (I know, it's not real
scientific but it works.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lori" wrote in message
Ya. Got a secretary, quite a few actually, who love creating labels and
then
can't recal which Avery one they used for which document. I've suggested
they put the information in the footer but you know how some folks are...

Anyone have any way to quickly determine which one?

~Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you don't know which label format was used (and this is not contained in
the document) then use the method at
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm to converte the
labels into a data file then re-merge to whatever label format you like