Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Bendert

Default Printing Problem

Word 2002, Windows XP

I have a 24 page Word document that uses next page section breaks. If I try
to print pages 8 - 10, or 5 - 15, or 1 - 5, it will not print those specified
pages.

Upon further investigation I noticed that when I drag my scroll bar up and
down, the page numbers displayed only show page 1, then page 2. The page
numbers do not display in a sequential order when I drag my scroll bar button
up and down. In addition, I notice that the page number displayed in the
status bar only shows page 1, even though I am on page 5 or page 10.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

This is a very strange behavior and one that I have not seen before.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You appear to be restarting numbering in each section. You'll need to
include the section numbers. See the "Print specific pages and sections"
portion of the "Print a document" Help topic.

"Jeff Bendert" wrote in message
Word 2002, Windows XP

I have a 24 page Word document that uses next page section breaks. If I

try
to print pages 8 - 10, or 5 - 15, or 1 - 5, it will not print those

specified
pages.

Upon further investigation I noticed that when I drag my scroll bar up and
down, the page numbers displayed only show page 1, then page 2. The page
numbers do not display in a sequential order when I drag my scroll bar

button
up and down. In addition, I notice that the page number displayed in the
status bar only shows page 1, even though I am on page 5 or page 10.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

This is a very strange behavior and one that I have not seen before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Bendert

Is there a way to turn this off? I have not added page numbers to the
document, so I am a bit confused how it could be restarting numbering.

Jeff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your document has page numbers whether you print them or not (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm). You'll have to go
into each section and set the page numbering to continuous, as follows:

1. With the insertion point in Section 1, View | Header and Footer.

2. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Format Page Number.

3. In the Format Page Number dialog, choose "Continue from previous
section." OK.

4. On the H&F toolbar, click Show Next to get to the next section. Repeat
steps 2 and 3.

5. Repeat step 4 until you reach the end.

Note, however, that if the document is mail merged form letters, Word
automatically creates a new section for each letter and restarts numbering
for each section.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You appear to be restarting numbering in each section. You'll need to
include the section numbers. See the "Print specific pages and sections"
portion of the "Print a document" Help topic.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.