Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M

Default Word 2003 - Small Font in Reviewing Pane

Word 2003

I have a user who is having problems with the font size in the Reviewing
pane. The font size in the document is 12 points, and the magnification is
at 75%, but the text in the Reviewing pane is infinitessimal. I have been
unable to find a default font size setting for the Reviewing pane. The user
reports that this is a problem with all the documents that he uses, but that
other users can access the same files without having this problem.

At this point, the only thing that I can think to try is to do a Detect and
Repair, and if that doesn't work, to do a reinstall of Word.

Can anyone suggest possible solutions that I should try before I go the
Detect and Repair/re-install route?

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I don't have an answer but...
I posted the following in response to someone else's questions about the
size of balloon text. Remember it is probably a style setting. I hope it at
least leads you in the right direction.

I don't use balloons, so I guessed that you would change the style. Before
offering this advice, I decided to try it and found that I can't even change
the size of the text in the balloons at all. How do you do that?

I found that no style is shown for the balloon text in track changes
balloons, but that Comment Text is shown as the style in comment balloons. I
could change that style, but it doesn't seem to make any change to what is
actually shown!

So, I did a Google search using the terms: word balloon text size

I found http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...898291033.aspx
which shows how to display the Balloon Text style. I modified that style
(didn't just change the size in the balloon).

To have this be permanent, you would save the change to your template(s), is
my best guess.

I've given this drawn out explanation rather than just point you to the site
to give you some idea how someone experienced with some aspects of Word gets
an answer that isn't already known and isn't one of the frequently asked
questions.

Hope this helps.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Thomas M" wrote in message
Word 2003

I have a user who is having problems with the font size in the Reviewing
pane. The font size in the document is 12 points, and the magnification
is at 75%, but the text in the Reviewing pane is infinitessimal. I have
been unable to find a default font size setting for the Reviewing pane.
The user reports that this is a problem with all the documents that he
uses, but that other users can access the same files without having this
problem.

At this point, the only thing that I can think to try is to do a Detect
and Repair, and if that doesn't work, to do a reinstall of Word.

Can anyone suggest possible solutions that I should try before I go the
Detect and Repair/re-install route?

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M.

Yeah, usually I Google first and then ask questions later. Didn't really
find much that looked like it applied, though. Could be that I'm not using
the right search terms, but at this point it looks like the Reviewing pane
does not use any styles of its own, but rather draws for the text in the
document.

I think my next step is to go ahead and try the Detect and Repair option
when the user is back in the office, and if that doesn't work I'll do a
reinstall of Word. I'll post a followup message to let people know how
things turn out, in case others are having similar problems and are
interested in how my issue turns out.

--Tom

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Deleting Old Versions of Fonts Lana A Li Microsoft Word Help 5 September 1st 05 09:51 PM
Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 09:14 PM