Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon

Default a way to set up my preference for what toolbars launch every time

I am so frustrated with this silly issue. Every time I launch Word, the
default toolbar that comes up is the e-mail tool bar. So I have to go into
Toolbars and click the three that I want (you have to go in and click three
times to do this because you can't multiple select) and then I have to go in
one more time to indicate that I want the top two toolbars to be on two rows
and not one! Is there ANYWAY to set this as my default!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2hhcm9u?=,

I am so frustrated with this silly issue. Every time I launch Word, the
default toolbar that comes up is the e-mail tool bar. So I have to go into
Toolbars and click the three that I want (you have to go in and click three
times to do this because you can't multiple select) and then I have to go in
one more time to indicate that I want the top two toolbars to be on two rows
and not one! Is there ANYWAY to set this as my default!!!!!

Hmmm. This information is stored in the Registry. It sounds as if the changes
you're making aren't being saved back to the Registry. This could be a glitch
in the Registry, or it could be because your network administrator has locked
the Registry so that changes can't be saved.

If you are in a networked system, you should check with your IT admin whether
applications are allowed to make changes to the Registry. More specifically,
the Registry keys mentioned in the article cited below. You might also show
them this article so that they can help you with the problem.

If you're not in an administered network, then try making the changes suggested
in the article. Note that if you're using Word 2002 the number in the key
should be 10.0; for Word 2003 it should be 11.0

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...eySettings.htm

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you open normal.dot directly and make the changes there
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
it should remain, however failure to retain toolbar preferences can be a
result of a corrupt registry key
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm and failure to accept
normal.dot changes can be the result of a poorly written add-in. Early
versions of Acrobat 7 being particularly problematical - see the last
section of http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm