Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JR

Default Column widths in Word 2003

I'm having trouble controlling widths of table columns. When I paste rows
from one table into another, where the column widths don't match, I don't
seem to be able to drag to adjust the column widths like I used to in the old
version. The table automatically resizes itself. I've tried turning off the
Automatic Resize to Contents option, and have tried setting the width of the
table but nothing seems to work.
--
Thanks
JR
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Have you tried holding the ALT key as you drag the table borders?

Alternatively, you can use the old Cell Height and Width dialog box.
For more information, see:

How to sidestep the problems of the Word 2000 (and higher) Table
Properties dialog
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TablePropPrbs.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JR" wrote in message
I'm having trouble controlling widths of table columns. When I

paste rows
from one table into another, where the column widths don't match, I

don't
seem to be able to drag to adjust the column widths like I used to

in the old
version. The table automatically resizes itself. I've tried

turning off the
Automatic Resize to Contents option, and have tried setting the

width of the
table but nothing seems to work.
--
Thanks
JR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke

Another possibility, if a bit clumsy:

Insert an empty row where you want to paste, select that, and "Paste
Special" as unformatted text.
If you don't mind loosing the formatting, that is...

Klaus