Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
RRR_News

Default Header text is missing after using Splitter Macros from D. Robbins/G. Mayor.

First of want to thank all the Word MVP's for all their help, and all their
websites. I have learned allot about MS Word, that I did not know before.

My problem is that after I do a mail merge, and create a single "merged"
document. When I use either the "Splitter" or "MergeSplitter" Macros. The
resulting single documents get saved with none of the text in the header. I have
my letterhead & {printdate} field in there. I would like to leave it there if I
can. Am I doing something wrong? Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

I have a

--
Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The following should retain the header/footer information in the individual
documents:

Sub splitter()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a mailmerge
' as a separate file, retaining the header and footer information.
Dim i As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document, Letter As Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Set Target = Documents.Add
Target.Range = Letter
Target.Sections(1).PageSetup.SectionStart = wdSectionContinuous
Target.SaveAs FileName:="Letter" & i
Target.Close
Next i
End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RRR_News" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
RRR_News

Doug,
Thank-you for all your help. There must be something wrong in my documents, that
this does not work. I will have to redo them. And again thank-you.

--

"RRR_News" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sorry, the code should have been:

Sub splitter()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a mailmerge
' as a separate file, retaining the header and footer information.
Dim i As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document, Letter As Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Set Target = Documents.Add
Target.Range = Letter
Target.Sections(2).PageSetup.SectionStart = wdSectionContinuous

"RRR_News" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
RRR_News

Doug,
Thank-you, I will try this over the weekend. As I have said, it might be the way
I constructed the templates in the first place. Still learning Word.

--

"RRR_News" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
RRR_News

Doug,
Again I want to thank-you for all you help in this matter. With a little
experimentation over the weekend, I found that your Macros of "Splitter" and
"SplitMerge" seem to be right that are posted on G. Mayors site. It appears that
my documents are not constructed properly. During the splitting process, it
appears that the header from the next page is saved with the first page, and so
on. Which also means that the header for the third page is saved with for the
header of the second page, etc.

So if I have no header for the second page, there will be no header saved on the
first page, after the split. I need to get better understanding on using headers
& footers, and section breaks. So that I can properly use the Macros that you've
created. Can you recommend, any online tutorials, or books, that can assist me
in this matter.

Again thank-you for all your help!

--

"RRR_News" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Maybe you have a Next Record field in the header that should not be
there.

--

"RRR_News" wrote in message
[...]

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Preventing deletion of header Jag Man Microsoft Word Help 10 August 11th 05 09:14 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 01:31 PM