Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
re-formatting labels size

Default remove labels?

I did a mail merge, and formatted the document to Avery 5260 labels, now I
need to take the label formatting out, so that it is a regular word document
that can be tweaked to another label size.
I try to change the size now and it gives me an entire document of the same
label.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Now that you have done one merge, wouldn't it be easier to do a second merge
using the same data but a different label format? Or does it take too long
or something?

Peter Jamieson

I did a mail merge, and formatted the document to Avery 5260 labels, now I
need to take the label formatting out, so that it is a regular word
document
that can be tweaked to another label size.
I try to change the size now and it gives me an entire document of the
same
label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
re-formatting labels size

The labels are for a wedding that a friend of mine is bringing somewhere to
have some sort of special thing done, the place wants the addresses in a
regular Word doc, so they can do the necessary changes to fit their software,
so I would like to get the labels in to just a regular Word document, I tried
to copy and paste but it copies the label format as well...

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Now that you have done one merge, wouldn't it be easier to do a second merge
using the same data but a different label format? Or does it take too long
or something?

Peter Jamieson

I did a mail merge, and formatted the document to Avery 5260 labels, now I
need to take the label formatting out, so that it is a regular word
document
that can be tweaked to another label size.
I try to change the size now and it gives me an entire document of the
same
label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

It sounds as if what they need is your data, not really a Word document, and
it might be useful to find out exactly what they can work with

What I would probably try to do is:
a. create a new Mail Merge Main document (choose the Catalog/Directory type
mailmerge
b. put a table consisting of a single cell into the document
c. copy/paste the fields you used in the first label in your earlier merge
innto the cell
d. do the merge, outputting to a new document. You should end up with a
one-column table with a complete address in each row
e. Add a cell at the top and type the Word "Address" in it.

If they can use a regular Word document, they can probably use that, and the
addresses are already complete addresses that can be inserted in a (Word)
mailmerge using a single mergefield.

If they can't use something with table cells, just put leave out step (b)
and make sure you have an empty paragraph at the end of the mail merge main
document. They'll have to sort out stuff like variable numbers of lines in
addresses.

If they can't use that, consider just putting the appropriate merge fields
in a single row, separated by tabs, and do the merge. They then end up with
a Word document containing a tab-delimited set of source records.

Peter Jamieson
containing a table with one cell
b.
When you merge labels to a new document, all you are really doing is
creating a Word document with a table

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Now that you have done one merge, wouldn't it be easier to do a second
merge
using the same data but a different label format? Or does it take too
long
or something?

Peter Jamieson

I did a mail merge, and formatted the document to Avery 5260 labels, now
need to take the label formatting out, so that it is a regular word
document
that can be tweaked to another label size.
I try to change the size now and it gives me an entire document of the
same
label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I think you need to find out exactly what they want. Peter's suggestion
sounds like the right one to me. Maybe they want the data source in a
regular Word document so that they can do the merge

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.