Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
migmog

Default how do I get rid of the comma after the company name

When entering the address line in a mail merge I don't want the comma after
the company name, but can find no way of doing this other than deleting on
each letter.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Don't use the address block field. Use the individual fields and the
punctuation that you want.

migmog wrote:
When entering the address line in a mail merge I don't want the comma
after the company name, but can find no way of doing this other than
deleting on each letter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
migmog

Thanks for your prompt reply, I have used individual fields as you suggest
but it seems so time consuming.

migmog wrote:
When entering the address line in a mail merge I don't want the comma
after the company name, but can find no way of doing this other than
deleting on each letter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Save the block of fields that you have inserted as an autotext entry, then
when you do a similar merge using the same data source, you can insert the
autotext entry to place the fields with an 'Address Block' that actually
works.

migmog wrote:
When entering the address line in a mail merge I don't want the
comma after the company name, but can find no way of doing this
other than deleting on each letter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
migmog

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

migmog wrote:
When entering the address line in a mail merge I don't want the
comma after the company name, but can find no way of doing this
other than deleting on each letter.

In Word, how can I automatically insert a comma between numbers? sharris Microsoft Word Help 5 May 16th 23 02:48 AM
How do I change the company name field under properties? Hans Microsoft Word Help 2 January 29th 22 10:19 PM
When I type a comma (,) or semicolon (;) in a Word document... Stan Microsoft Word Help 7 August 23rd 05 05:33 PM
comma delimited text Karl Mailmerge 2 January 18th 05 03:14 PM
Where does Signature Company come from?- Prida New Users 7 December 9th 04 11:21 AM