Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Myrna

Default Sequence number in mail merge output

Is there any way to generate a consecutive number on the output of the Mail
Merge? I am generating a Directory and I'd like to have the first record have
a 1, second have a 2, etc.
Thank you in advance!
Myrna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Using a MERGEREC field will result in the number of each record being
inserted.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Myrna" wrote in message
Is there any way to generate a consecutive number on the output of the
Mail
Merge? I am generating a Directory and I'd like to have the first record
have
a 1, second have a 2, etc.
Thank you in advance!
Myrna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Unless there is anther Myrna, I now see that Peter Jamieson has already
advised you to use a MERGEDEQ field that would also (or may be better) for
what you want.

--

"Myrna" wrote in message
Is there any way to generate a consecutive number on the output of the
Mail
Merge? I am generating a Directory and I'd like to have the first record
have
a 1, second have a 2, etc.
Thank you in advance!
Myrna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Myrna

I tried MERGEREC and that works fine for me. I had not understood Peter's
response but upon educating myself I finally put two plus two together. Thank
you both.
Myrna