Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terp

Default How do I insert Excel values in Word labels without mailmerge?

I'm printing theatre section, row and seat numbers on clear return address
labels to apply to tickets for an event. I have to print 2 copies of each
label. Since the Avery template only uses half of the available labels I
inserted a table using the Avery specs. The seating information is in an
Excel workbook spreadsheet. Col A is all the sections, rows and seats in the
Orchestra section, col B duplicates col A, Col C has the Mezzanine seating
info & col D duplicates col C. Each cell has all the info concatenated from
other sheets in that workbook so I don't have to add any text to the label
except the final value in each cell. The labels are arranged in landscape so
there are 20 columns with 4 printable rows. (Rows 2, 4 & 6 are spacers on the
label sheet.) I'm open to any suggestions including rearranging the
spreadsheet, etc. I get some pretty strange results when I try to use mail
merge but if there's a way to make that effective, that works for me, too.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sounds to me like you should have all of the data in one column in the Excel
Work sheet and then in the mailmerge main document, you have a Next
Record field before the mergefield in the 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc labels on the
sheet.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.