Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
rscherer13

Default Can you create a text effect that is activated on a date in word?

I have created a action item list in ms word and when a task is overdue I
create a blinkiing background text effect on this task. Weekly the list is
updated and re-distributed so everyone can see there flashing overdue tasks.
Can this text effect be created automatically so I do not have to manually
creat it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale

How about using the Format Painter? After formatting one, you can then just
use the Format Painter to wipe over the others that you wish to format in the
same way. Not quite automatic, but very quick!
--
Rae Drysdale

"rscherer13" wrote:

I have created a action item list in ms word and when a task is overdue I
create a blinkiing background text effect on this task. Weekly the list is
updated and re-distributed so everyone can see there flashing overdue tasks.
Can this text effect be created automatically so I do not have to manually
creat it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg

Yes you could automate it with a macro. Say your tickler is a two
column table with the task in column 1 and the due date in the right
column. Something like this (you will probably want to put in error
handlers):

Sub Test()
Dim oDate As Date
Dim myDate As Date
Dim oTbl As Word.Table
oDate = Date
Dim i As Long
Set oTbl = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
For i = 1 To oTbl.Rows.Count
myDate = Left(oTbl.Cell(i, 2).Range.Text, Len(oTbl.Cell(i,
2).Range.Text) - 2)
If myDate oDate Then
oTbl.Cell(i, 2).Range.Font.Animation = wdAnimationBlinkingBackground
End If
Next i
End Sub