Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
red6000

Default corrupted tables

Hi, I have a load of word documents that contain tables with borders around
certain cells within the tables, but some cells without borders.

Now on my PC at home they look and print fine and also if you insert the
document into another file they work fine (XP and word 2003)

At work (XP + Word 2002), whilst they look fine and print fine, if you
insert he document into another file or just copy and paste the table into a
new document, the table gets borders around all cells.

Has anyone heard of this. I did try recreating the table in the existing doc
and this does cure the problem, but I have a hell of a lot of docs to
'repair' and was wondering if there is any quick way to fix them (nb not all
tables in the document become 'corrupted' which is the strange thing!).

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shauna Kelly

Hi

The problem may be related to the underlying Table style of your tables. The
tables are not corrupt. Word 2002 just has some peculiarities to do with
borders and tables.

The following exchange of messages was about Autotexts containing tables,
but the conclusions probably apply to copying and pasting from your document
too:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...128e82f71ee780

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"red6000" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
red6000

Brilliant.... it's dead right. The tables that print and copy okay have the
'tablenormal' style and those that don't are 'tablegrid'.

Thank you!