Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
The Merg

Default Table Column Widths Automatically Resize

I am using Word 2003 to modify a Word Doc that uses form fields inserted in a
very convoluted table. Unfortunately, it would take me even more time to redo
the entire form from scratch. I copied and pasted some rows from one page
onto another and was resizing some of the cells and column widths. Yet, it
seems to revert to the old table width after a few mintues on its own. I have
selected the table and set the AutoFit setting to Fixed Width multiple times,
but it keeps doing
this. I could possibly e-mail the empty table if that would help in seeing
what this is doing.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Merg

--
Today''s problems don''t worry me,
I haven''t solved yesterday''s yet.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGhlIE1lcmc=?=,

I am using Word 2003 to modify a Word Doc that uses form fields inserted in a
very convoluted table. Unfortunately, it would take me even more time to redo
the entire form from scratch. I copied and pasted some rows from one page
onto another and was resizing some of the cells and column widths. Yet, it
seems to revert to the old table width after a few mintues on its own. I have
selected the table and set the AutoFit setting to Fixed Width multiple times,
but it keeps doing
this.

This sounds to me as if the table structures have become damaged. Probably,
you'll need to start the table again from scratch, but...

You could try saving the document as XML, close, open and save again as a Word
document. If you're very lucky, that will clean out the incorrect information
Word appears to be storing in the table instructions.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)