Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mace

Default How to keep border format when pasting

In Word, I have a two-column table that has no borders (lines) showing. When
I copy the table, and paste it in another Word document, borders (lines)
appear all around and inside the table (like a square with a big plus sign
inside). To correct this, I always have to (1) highlight the whole table;
(2) right-click the little compass that appears when the mouse is on the top
-left corner of the table; (3) select "borders and shading"; and (4) select
the setting as "None".

Is there an easier/better way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+U will remove the borders.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mace wrote:
In Word, I have a two-column table that has no borders (lines)
showing. When I copy the table, and paste it in another Word
document, borders (lines) appear all around and inside the table
(like a square with a big plus sign inside). To correct this, I
always have to (1) highlight the whole table; (2) right-click the
little compass that appears when the mouse is on the top
-left corner of the table; (3) select "borders and shading"; and (4)
select the setting as "None".

Is there an easier/better way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Also, if you select TableNormal rather than TableGrid as your default Table
AutoFormat, you shouldn't experience the problem in the first place.

"mace" wrote in message
Perfect. Nice & easy. Thanks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+U will remove the borders.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so