Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Air Force Paper Pusher

Default Locking the size of a table?

How do I lock a table's size so it doesn't expand when I type? I print from
Word onto certificates, and I hate resizing and positioning the paragraphs.

Is there a way that I can keep the table from expanding? In other words,
make the text wrap when it gets to the border of the table, and not allow any
typing once it gets to the bottom/end of the table?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWlyIEZvcmNlIFBhcGVyIFB1c2hlcg==?=,

How do I lock a table's size so it doesn't expand when I type? I print from
Word onto certificates, and I hate resizing and positioning the paragraphs.

Is there a way that I can keep the table from expanding? In other words,
make the text wrap when it gets to the border of the table, and not allow any
typing once it gets to the bottom/end of the table?

All you can do is set the row heights to an EXACT amount (in Table/Table
Properties/Row). This will prevent the table's growing, but it won't stop the
typing. Anything typed in addition will disappear at the bottom of the cell (but
still be present in the document).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org