Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tel

Default Calculating dates in word tables

At first what I wanted to do seemed so simple, now I'm not so sure.

I have two tables, Table one (Column 2, row 2) has a user input date in it
that is a week end date (i.e. a Sunday)

The second table has a column which lists the dates of the week leading up
to that sunday.

Therefo

Table one date would equal 16th April 2006 (Changeable)

Table two would list from column 1 row 3 down:
10th April 2006
11th April 2006
12th April 2006
13th April 2006
14th April 2006
15th April 2006
16th April 2006

This document would form a master document. The user would change the date
in Table 1 and I am hoping the remaining dates would take their calculations
from that.

I am very much a novice with formulae in Word tables so if any instructions
could be made as simple as possible that would help my simple mind.

Looking forward to your replies.

Terry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Charles Kenyon

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a document
with various fields already created. Another resource is
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tel" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tel

Thanks for this Charles and having seen your previous posts I was kinda
hoping you would respond :-)

I don't know if I'm being a bit dense, but I've looked through the links you
sent me and I think I'm missing the basic start here. I think I need a
hand-holding step by step take me through it type of response.

Terry

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a document
with various fields already created. Another resource is
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tel" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi Terry,

To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do
with dates in Word, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
In particular, look under the heading 'Date Calculations in a Table'

Cheers

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the

different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros

that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a

document
with various fields already created. Another resource is
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tel" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Charles Kenyon

First you need to know how to format date fields. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm

You may be better off using vba here simply because I am not sure what it
takes to get date field formatting and calculations to recognize something
as a date. I've always been working from a date field. Do take a look at the
examples in the document though as a starting place if you want to try
fields.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the
different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros
that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a
document
with various fields already created. Another resource is
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tel" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi Charles,

My 'Date Calc' tutorial covers the formatting issues as well as the maths

Cheers

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the
different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to
utilities to create the fields and an explanation of different macros
that
can be used instead of fields. It also has a link to
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 which is a
document
with various fields already created. Another resource is
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tel" wrote in message
news At first what I wanted to do seemed so simple, now I'm not so sure.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Charles Kenyon

Thanks,

It is time for me to re-read it.