Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cathy

Default Word 2003 table change size of column

In Word 2003 I am having trouble when I try to make a column shorter the text
goes vertical even though there is plenty of room in the cell for the text.
I have never had that happen in previous versions. Any help will be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cathy

The column has enough room for the text that is already typed into the column
to stay horizontal but when I click on the gridline to make the column just a
bit smaller the text direction becomes vertical instead of horizontal even
though there is plenty of room for the text to stay horizontal.
Hope this clarifies it for you. Thanks, Cathy

"Cathy" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I am having trouble when I try to make a column shorter the

text
goes vertical even though there is plenty of room in the cell for the

text.
I have never had that happen in previous versions. Any help will be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Vertical as in, the letters are rotated 90 degrees and the text is readable
bottom-to-top? Or vertical as in, broken into a lot of short lines?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"The text goes vertical"? What does that mean?

so
all may benefit.

"Cathy" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I am having trouble when I try to make a column shorter
the

text
goes vertical even though there is plenty of room in the cell for the

text.
I have never had that happen in previous versions. Any help will be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The only possibility that occurs to me is that the text is already rotated
and adjusting the cell borders somehow flips you from Normal to Print Layout
view (rotated text is not displayed rotated in Normal view). Beyond that,
I'm as bewildered as you are.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"The text goes vertical"? What does that mean?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Cathy" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I am having trouble when I try to make a column

shorter
the
text
goes vertical even though there is plenty of room in the cell for

the
text.
I have never had that happen in previous versions. Any help will

be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cathy

I will have to see if the view is flipping. I will post if I find a
workaround.
Thanks,
Cathy