Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
felicitator72

Default Is there a way to turn rows into columns in Word?

Im trying to import a Word table into Excel but I want the rows in Word to be
columns in Excel. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You have to do it in Excel. Paste into Excel. Then copy in Excel and use
Paste Special: Transpose. Or it may be you can use Paste Special when you
initially paste into Excel.

"felicitator72" wrote in message
Im trying to import a Word table into Excel but I want the rows in Word to

be
columns in Excel. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber

Hi Suzanne, hi Felicitator,

if it has to be,
just out of fun:

Sub RowColumnChange()
Dim r As Long ' row
Dim c As Long ' column
Dim st As String ' Temporary string
Dim s1 As String ' string from cell 1
Dim s2 As String ' string from cell 2
Dim t As Table
Set t = ActiveDocument.Tables(3)
With t
For r = 1 To t.Rows.Count - 1
For c = r To t.Columns.Count
s1 = t.Cell(r, c).Range.Text
s1 = left(s1, Len(s1) - 2)
s2 = t.Cell(c, r).Range.Text
s2 = left(s2, Len(s2) - 2)
st = s1
t.Cell(r, c).Range.Text = s2
t.Cell(c, r).Range.Text = st
Next
Next
End With
End Sub

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber

of course,
the sample would apply to the 3rd table in a doc

Use
Set t = selection.Tables(1)

for the first table in the selection

or just put the cursor in the table in question.

HTH