Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Becky

Default How to keep Word table from altering format?

I have created a specific table layout that I wish to use but when I insert
information the table will change the size of the cells . How can I keep the
table defined to the measurements I desire?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale

Try Table | Properties |Options (on the Table tab, beside Borders and
Shading) and uncheck Automatically Resize to fit contents. Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Becky" wrote:

I have created a specific table layout that I wish to use but when I insert
information the table will change the size of the cells . How can I keep the
table defined to the measurements I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Becky

I had already set that option to not resize. I am getting frustrated because
the table will be exactly the way I want it and then just "move".

Try Table the way I want | Properties |Options (on the Table tab, beside Borders and

"Becky" wrote:

I have created a specific table layout that I wish to use but when I insert
information the table will change the size of the cells . How can I keep the
table defined to the measurements I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Becky

I did try that also. It still just moves over suddenly.

I have 2 different spots in the table that go beyond the right border I have
set for the table. When I try to delete these 2 cells (1 at a time) ,the
cell deletes but then all of the sudden, the rest of the table shifts to the
right and the entire table format is messed up.

I can quickly save the table sometimes and it will retain the save but when
you reopen the document, the same thing happens again.

I am ready to print this table and can't get 2 of the middle pages to format
even enough to just print 1 copy.

THANKS for your help--the suggestions are great!
Becky

"Becky" wrote:

I have created a specific table layout that I wish to use but when I insert
information the table will change the size of the cells . How can I keep the
table defined to the measurements I desire?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale

I can understand that the table would move if you delete cells. Rather than
delete the cells can you merge the cells, or just leave them and remove the
border on the offending cells?
--
Rae Drysdale