Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jaz

Default Formating table Cells

How do I format table cell as if they were excel tables?

I have a table and I want to make one column all dollar values with the '$'
sign. I have another column that I want to have the '%' sign after it.

In excel, you can format the cell properties and make those changes.

How do I do this in a word table WITHOUT inserting a excel table in my word
document?

Thanks,
Jaz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The only ways that you can do it is by inserting formfields in the cells in
that column and then protect the document for forms (which is probably
unacceptable) or run a macro to convert the values in the cells to currency
and Percentages respectively.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jaz" wrote in message
How do I format table cell as if they were excel tables?

I have a table and I want to make one column all dollar values with the
'$'