Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Busy_Bee

Default table background?? URGENT

Hi,
i have copied a calendar into word via the internet and want to put that
calendar in front of a picture. The calendar however will not blend in with
the background so it has a white table over a coloured picture in which you
cannot see! This is very URGENT as i am trying to do this for my kinder kids
before mothers day
PLEASE HELP AND EMAIL BACK ASAP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QnVzeV9CZWU=?=,

i have copied a calendar into word via the internet and want to put that
calendar in front of a picture. The calendar however will not blend in with
the background so it has a white table over a coloured picture in which you
cannot see! This is very URGENT as i am trying to do this for my kinder kids
before mothers day

Is it possible that a white "shading" has been added to the table cells?
Unfortunately, you don't mention which version of Word you have, so I'm not
sure my directions will be exactly the commands you have, but...

1. click in the table
2. Table/Select/Table
3. Format/Borders and Shading/Shading. Select "No fill" from the grid.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
rajkohli

I think you should try "No Fill" command. As you said "there is a white color
fill in the table", select the Table - click Format - Border and Shading -
under "Shading" tab click "No Fill"

Hope this solve the problem. Let us know!