Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ArchieDog via OfficeKB.com

Default Formula - Syntax Error

Hi All

Can anyone please tell what is wrong with this formula in a Word table? I am
trying to add the totals of two columns. I can't believe I have to use
individual cell references for each of the 28 cells?

=SUM(Table3F2:F21,Table3G2:G21)

It must be something obvious but I just can't see it. Any help very
gratefully received.

Thanks
ArchieD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi Archie,

=SUM(Table3 F2:G21)
should work. Make sure your table is bookmarked 'Table3' and that you leave
a space between the bookmark reference and the cell references.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"ArchieDog via OfficeKB.com" u3408@uwe wrote in message
Hi All

Can anyone please tell what is wrong with this formula in a Word table? I

am
trying to add the totals of two columns. I can't believe I have to use
individual cell references for each of the 28 cells?

=SUM(Table3F2:F21,Table3G2:G21)

It must be something obvious but I just can't see it. Any help very
gratefully received.

Thanks
ArchieD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ArchieD via OfficeKB.com

Hi there

There I go trying to make it too complex :-) Thanks very much for your reply
- worked a treat.

ArchieD

macropod wrote:
Hi Archie,

=SUM(Table3 F2:G21)
should work. Make sure your table is bookmarked 'Table3' and that you leave
a space between the bookmark reference and the cell references.

Cheers

Hi All

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
Thanks
ArchieD

MS Word table - problem with conditional formula Peterkins Tables 20 April 18th 06 12:18 PM
If Formula syntax error BigPig Tables 5 February 3rd 06 06:52 PM
Formula to Sum values in word table Craig Mailmerge 1 August 29th 05 06:19 PM
Help! I'm getting error messages too much-can't open Resume Wizard LizLB Microsoft Word Help 0 May 3rd 05 01:46 AM
Error Message on Opening Word Suzi Microsoft Word Help 2 February 21st 05 10:53 PM