Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WalterLeinert

Default jitter with table in document

Hi,

we have a lot of word document templates (Office 2003 on Windoes XP) which
are used to generate e.g. mail documents. Most of the documents have a header
part consisting of several word tables (name, address, department ...) to
implement the required layout. Several documents show strange behaviour when
they are edited in print layout view: when i am typing character by character
the whole document layout seems to "jitter". When i delete the table, the
remaining document seems to be ok.
Also in normal view there is no problem.

Does anyone know about this issue and has a solution/workaround for me?

Thanks, Walter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WalterLeinert

Hi Suzanne,

we found a solution:

we changed the table properties; on tab "Row" we checked the checkbox
"Define Row" which was shown grey (i have a german office installation and
don't know the exact label texts for the english version).

Is this a known bug?

Thanks, Walter

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the table allowed to auto resize?

"WalterLeinert" wrote in message
Hi,

we have a lot of word document templates (Office 2003 on Windoes XP) which
are used to generate e.g. mail documents. Most of the documents have a

header
part consisting of several word tables (name, address, department ...) to
implement the required layout. Several documents show strange behaviour

when
they are edited in print layout view: when i am typing character by

character
the whole document layout seems to "jitter". When i delete the table, the
remaining document seems to be ok.
Also in normal view there is no problem.

Does anyone know about this issue and has a solution/workaround for me?

Thanks, Walter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm not sure what that would be in English unless it's the control to
specify row height or to allow the row to break across pages--or maybe to
mark it as a heading row?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the table allowed to auto resize?

newsgroup so