Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joanne

Default plain text format

Each time I want to save a .doc as a plain text file (which is many
many times daily) I get this dialog box:

filename.txt may contain features that are not compatible with Plain
Text format. Do you want to save the document in this format?

Choices are yes, or no and choose a format.

I always want it to be Yes.

Can someone please tell me how to either make the default yes or how
to stop the dialog box from popping up all the time and interfering
with my progress.

Thanks very much for your advice
Joanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Why don't you tell whoever is creating the files to send you plain text?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Joanne" wrote in message
Each time I want to save a .doc as a plain text file (which is many
many times daily) I get this dialog box:

filename.txt may contain features that are not compatible with Plain
Text format. Do you want to save the document in this format?

Choices are yes, or no and choose a format.

I always want it to be Yes.

Can someone please tell me how to either make the default yes or how
to stop the dialog box from popping up all the time and interfering
with my progress.

Thanks very much for your advice
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

I don't normally encourage anyone to 'tap through' warning dialogs, but this
is one exception to my rule

Once you make your settings in the Save As dialog just press Enter twice -
you'll never see more than a fleeting glimpse of the warning dialog.

AFAIK, there is no way to disable it.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Joanne" wrote in message
Each time I want to save a .doc as a plain text file (which is many
many times daily) I get this dialog box:

filename.txt may contain features that are not compatible with Plain
Text format. Do you want to save the document in this format?

Choices are yes, or no and choose a format.

I always want it to be Yes.

Can someone please tell me how to either make the default yes or how
to stop the dialog box from popping up all the time and interfering
with my progress.

Thanks very much for your advice
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joanne

They are in response to job postings on the internet and come from all
over the place. I personally have no power to request the changes
Other than that, what do you suggest?
Thanks for your time and effort
Joanne

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:

Why don't you tell whoever is creating the files to send you plain text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joanne

No can do
Thanks for your effort on my probelm
Joanne

"Joanne" wrote in message
Each time I want to save a .doc as a plain text file (which is many
many times daily) I get this dialog box:

filename.txt may contain features that are not compatible with Plain
Text format. Do you want to save the document in this format?

Choices are yes, or no and choose a format.

I always want it to be Yes.

Can someone please tell me how to either make the default yes or how
to stop the dialog box from popping up all the time and interfering
with my progress.

Thanks very much for your advice
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

If you don't want to tell the applicants to send you a plain text resume,
then you are going to have to put up with the warnings.

BTW - I keep a plain text version of my resume just in case I need to apply
somewhere and they request that. It's not uncommon. *Plus* depending on what
the job is, this could be a bit of a test to see if the applicant knows what
the h**l you are talking about. For example, I would not hire an admin asst
who sent me a formatted document if I requested plain text.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]