Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
barbiegrl430

Default Mission statement

Help with writing a mission statement

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

(PS - We don't do content.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"barbiegrl430" wrote in message
Help with writing a mission statement

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

barbiegrl430 wrote:

Help with writing a mission statement

This is one of those many questions that is not about the technical
operation of the Word software (which is the general topic for this
group) but about the language skills involved in composing English
documents. Perhaps we need a standard reply to this. It's like those
dratted Microsoft "templates" (ie not normal.dot) that say to the reader
"I took the least line of resistance and did it the Microsoft way"!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

If I came up with a standard response for requests for content, it wouldn't
be phrased so politely. I have issues with people who don't know how to
Google for examples and then create their own documents.

And I really hate mission statements. They always make me think that someone
made a lot of money coming up with that piece of propaganda crap.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message ...
barbiegrl430 wrote:

Help with writing a mission statement

This is one of those many questions that is not about the technical
operation of the Word software (which is the general topic for this
group) but about the language skills involved in composing English
documents. Perhaps we need a standard reply to this. It's like those
dratted Microsoft "templates" (ie not normal.dot) that say to the reader
"I took the least line of resistance and did it the Microsoft way"!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Mission statements are useless pretentious twaddle created by people who
have too much time and money on their hands.

wrote in message
barbiegrl430 wrote:

Help with writing a mission statement

This is one of those many questions that is not about the technical
operation of the Word software (which is the general topic for this
group) but about the language skills involved in composing English
documents. Perhaps we need a standard reply to this. It's like those
dratted Microsoft "templates" (ie not normal.dot) that say to the
reader "I took the least line of resistance and did it the Microsoft
way"!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

That's my view too. 'Pretentious twaddle' sums them up fine!

Now if only civil servants understood the meaning of 'civil' and 'servant'
we'd all be doing fine.

Terry Farrell

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
: Mission statements are useless pretentious twaddle created by people who
: have too much time and money on their hands.
:
: --
:
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
:
: My web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
:
:
: JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
: If I came up with a standard response for requests for content, it
: wouldn't be phrased so politely. I have issues with people who don't
: know how to Google for examples and then create their own documents.
:
: And I really hate mission statements. They always make me think that
: someone made a lot of money coming up with that piece of propaganda
: crap.
:
: wrote in message
: ...
: barbiegrl430 wrote:
:
: Help with writing a mission statement
:
: This is one of those many questions that is not about the technical
: operation of the Word software (which is the general topic for this
: group) but about the language skills involved in composing English
: documents. Perhaps we need a standard reply to this. It's like those
: dratted Microsoft "templates" (ie not normal.dot) that say to the
: reader "I took the least line of resistance and did it the Microsoft
: way"!
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

YES!!

BTW - "useless pretentious twaddle" is a nicer way of saying "piece of
propaganda crap."

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]