Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jack Gillis

Default Inserting Symbols in a Document

I know how to insert the symbols for fractional quantities 1/2, 3/8, 3/4
etc. in a document by using the character map. I would like to be able to
do the same for quantities finer that 1/8th such as 5/16, 7/16 etc.. Is
there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM

Don't know a way of placing more 'obscure' fractions as a single character,
but you can get close using subscript and superscript options in the 'format
font' dialog.

Cheers,

Chris.

"Jack Gillis" wrote in message
I know how to insert the symbols for fractional quantities 1/2, 3/8, 3/4
etc. in a document by using the character map. I would like to be able to
do the same for quantities finer that 1/8th such as 5/16, 7/16 etc.. Is
there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

There are a couple of possibilities - see:

http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm
or
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...teFraction.htm