Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default *.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf r all file formats how many of these work i

Which of the following File Formats will you be able to work with in
Microsoft Word?
*.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM

..DOC - Usually Microsoft Words default document type.
..RTF - Rich Text Format - Handled perfectly well by word.
..HTM - Hypertext Markup - Word can handle this, and display either the
markup language itself, or the 'required result' but is probably not the
best application for working with this.
..EXE - Executable file - Word cannot display this in any meanginful way.

If I can be curious, why the question?

Cheers,

Chris.

"
wrote in message ...
Which of the following File Formats will you be able to work with in
Microsoft Word?
*.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Sounds like a homework question to me. I don't answer them.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
Which of the following File Formats will you be able to work with in
Microsoft Word?
*.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM

Hmmm! didn't think of that!
I usually try to be a bit more cryptic if I think it's one of those! ;-)

.. .

wrote in message
Which of the following File Formats will you be able to work with in
Microsoft Word?
*.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Maybe I'm just a cynic but it sure sounded like homework to me? Something
about the phrasing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
Which of the following File Formats will you be able to work with in
Microsoft Word?
*.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM

Probably not a cynic - at least this time ;-)

I thought it an odd question when I answered it, but if it was some sort of
homework then it makes more sense.

PerryVine: Try Google next time, or I might give you some duff
information... in fact, how do you know what I said before was true...?
Maybe you'd better check...

;-D

Chris.

wrote in message
Which of the following File Formats will you be able to work with in
Microsoft Word?
*.doc *.htm *.exe *rtf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'd rather be wrong but ... ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ChrisM" wrote in message
Hmmm! didn't think of that!
I usually try to be a bit more cryptic if I think it's one of those!
;-)