Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Desjardins

Default Long document special page numbering

Hello everyone,

Puzzle: How to number a long document with amendment pages? That is once an
official document is written and paginated, it will change through
amendments throughout the years.Is it possible to number the "new" pages
like the following example:
Page 300-01. The original document is page 300 but the new version with
change bar and all should have a dash 01 etc.

All suggestions are welcomed

Gilles Desjardins

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There is no way that can be done automatically, and I would strongly suggest
that you do not do it, as, over the years other things will change such as
the printer that you use to print the document and that may result in a
change in the way that the document is paginated.

It is the sort of thing that was done in the days of typewriters. You are
in the computer age now and should take advantage of the improvements in
technology that have been introduced with it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

Puzzle: How to number a long document with amendment pages? That is once
an official document is written and paginated, it will change through
amendments throughout the years.Is it possible to number the "new" pages
like the following example:
Page 300-01. The original document is page 300 but the new version with
change bar and all should have a dash 01 etc.

All suggestions are welcomed

Gilles Desjardins

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Desjardins

Thanks Doug,

Perhaps we move in the computer world, you & I, but the city councils don't.
;-)

Gilles

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Tell them to use a type writer to put the number on each page. g

You can do something like

{IF { PAGE } 300 { IF { PAGE } 304 "{ = { PAGE } - { SEQ extra }-{ = {
PAGE } -300 \# "00" }" "{ = { PAGE } - 3 }"} { PAGE } }

But using a typewriter is probably easier.

Of course, if you are just printing the extra pages, and they are in a
separate document, then you can use

300-0{ PAGE }

Then you pages will be numbered 300-01, 300-02, 300-03, etc.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Desjardins

Thanks Doug, awesome programming twist & pirouettes.

Where would one find information on the language to program fields?

Gilles

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Try macropod's maths tutorial linked from

Gilles Desjardins wrote:
[...]

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in
message ...
Hello everyone,

Puzzle: How to number a long document with amendment pages? That
is once an official document is written and paginated, it will
change through amendments throughout the years.Is it possible to
number the "new" pages like the following example:
Page 300-01. The original document is page 300 but the new
version with change bar and all should have a dash 01 etc.

All suggestions are welcomed

Gilles Desjardins

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Desjardins

Thank you Graham,

Looks like I have some reading to do.

Gilles

Gilles Desjardins wrote:
[...]

How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document RA Page Layout 3 May 8th 23 02:50 AM
Page numbering in a document with different page orientation bigairguy1226 Page Layout 2 April 28th 06 07:39 PM
Page numbering in a multi document document Tanya Page Layout 4 March 3rd 06 06:34 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Special Page numbering Richard Page Layout 3 September 26th 05 09:15 AM