Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DRR DRR is offline

Default Mirror pages with same page numbers

We have a document that the printer wants us to put on an 8 1/2 by 11 page.
The document is really 4.25 by 5.5 so we need to put 2 columns and copy the
first merge document and then pasting it into the second column. Theres no
problem putting 2 columns and copping the first merge and putting it into the
second column but we can't get the page number to appear on mirror image. Is
there anyway to do this???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You just want to put the page number twice on a page? Word allows you to
insert a PAGE field as many times on a page as you like. I'm guessing you're
trying to do this with Insert | Page Numbers. Don't. Use the Insert Page
Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar instead.

"DRR" wrote in message
We have a document that the printer wants us to put on an 8 1/2 by 11

page.
The document is really 4.25 by 5.5 so we need to put 2 columns and copy

the
first merge document and then pasting it into the second column. Theres

no
problem putting 2 columns and copping the first merge and putting it into

the
second column but we can't get the page number to appear on mirror image.

Is
there anyway to do this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DRR DRR is offline

When we do that it does sequencle page numbers we want it to be the same as
the orginial, IF the first column is page number 1 then the second column
must be page 1 We tried to copy the page number in the footer and place it
under the second column but it pushes a number to the top of the next page???
We doing something wrong??

"DRR" wrote in message
We have a document that the printer wants us to put on an 8 1/2 by 11

page.
The document is really 4.25 by 5.5 so we need to put 2 columns and copy

the
first merge document and then pasting it into the second column. Theres

no
problem putting 2 columns and copping the first merge and putting it into

the
second column but we can't get the page number to appear on mirror image.

Is
there anyway to do this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The page number for a given page (that is, the result of the PAGE field) is
always the same. If you are seeing different results for the PAGE field on
the same page, then what you have is not columns but actual pages ("2 pages
per sheet" in the Page Setup dialog). There is no way you can put a number
in the footer that will be pushed to the top of the next page; are you
actually using View | Header and Footer to place this number in the footer?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You just want to put the page number twice on a page? Word allows you to
insert a PAGE field as many times on a page as you like. I'm guessing

you're
trying to do this with Insert | Page Numbers. Don't. Use the Insert Page
Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar instead.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.