Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline

Default Page Numbering - Section X of Y

I have a doucment with two sections and that is a total of 28 pages long.

The first section is the intro and is i, ii etc.

There is a section page break before the next section. I want the next
section to say Page 1 of 26 (so it starts at page 1, and only counts the
remaning pages in the section). If I added a third section with 10 pages, I
would want that section to say 1 of 10 etc.

How do I do this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Substitute the SECTIONPAGES field for NUMPAGES in the Page X of Y
expression. To do this easily, insert the "Page X of Y" AutoText entry.
Press Alt+F9 to display the field code, change NUMPAGES to SECTIONPAGES,
Alt+F9 again, then F9 to update if necessary.

"Ldyflyr" wrote in message
I have a doucment with two sections and that is a total of 28 pages long.

The first section is the intro and is i, ii etc.

There is a section page break before the next section. I want the next
section to say Page 1 of 26 (so it starts at page 1, and only counts the
remaning pages in the section). If I added a third section with 10 pages,

would want that section to say 1 of 10 etc.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ldyflyr Ldyflyr is offline