Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DcM DcM is offline

Default remove template lines from document when sending as email

I just finished my new resume and I would like to send it out as an
attachment. But I can't seem to lose the template guides that surround the
text. When I print it out they disappear but when I send it by email it shows
up at the recipient with the blinking cursor and surrounded by the templates
guide-lines. Is there a way to "lock down" a document that will remove the
lines so that the resume looks the way it does when printed out but in email
form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If the lines you're referring to are the gridlines at the edges of
table cells (since resumes are typically set up in tables), you can
hide them by selecting the table, going into Format Borders &
Shading, and setting the border color to white.

If you mean the faint gray lines at the page margins, that isn't under
your control. If the recipient has the "text boundaries" option turned
on in Tools Options View, they'll see the lines regardless of how
you saved the document.

Just as a general matter, it's usually futile to even think about
"locking down" Word documents. Word is an editor -- a program intended
for changing text -- and is very poor as a viewer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:11:01 -0700, DCM
wrote:

I just finished my new resume and I would like to send it out as an
attachment. But I can't seem to lose the template guides that surround the
text. When I print it out they disappear but when I send it by email it shows
up at the recipient with the blinking cursor and surrounded by the templates
guide-lines. Is there a way to "lock down" a document that will remove the
lines so that the resume looks the way it does when printed out but in email
form.

How do I cancel sending an email from Word? Margaret Microsoft Word Help 7 June 29th 06 04:58 PM
How do I get bookmarks to work when sending document via email? Sully0714 Microsoft Word Help 1 May 19th 06 09:42 PM
sending document to email recipient, not as attachment in word 02 gordy Microsoft Word Help 0 April 27th 06 05:40 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
I am editing a Word document. How do I remove unwanted lines? the bard Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 05 09:25 PM