Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim H Kim H is offline

Default Header spans down too far

I have several documents that have huge headers that span 1/2 way down the
page with no text or empty paragraphs below the actual text within the
header. I tried using the ruler on the left by dragging the marker up, but
that only makes the header span down the entire page and moves my table down.
As it currently stands, my table is behind the expanded header. I'm able to
manipulate it so that it is below the actual text in the header, but when I
make any changes, it messes everything up. Does anyone have a solution to
this problem?
Thanks,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim H Kim H is offline

I checked it out, and the vertical alignment is set to top on all of them,
yet I still have the problem. Any other suggestions?

"Kim H" wrote in message
I have several documents that have huge headers that span 1/2 way down the
page with no text or empty paragraphs below the actual text within the
header. I tried using the ruler on the left by dragging the marker up,

but
that only makes the header span down the entire page and moves my table

down.
As it currently stands, my table is behind the expanded header. I'm able

manipulate it so that it is below the actual text in the header, but when

make any changes, it messes everything up. Does anyone have a solution to
this problem?
Thanks,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Perhaps there is a large empty text box or AutoShape in the header?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure the vertical alignment is set

Top and not Center.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Kim H" wrote in message
I have several documents that have huge headers that span 1/2 way down

the
page with no text or empty paragraphs below the actual text within the
header. I tried using the ruler on the left by dragging the marker

up,
but
that only makes the header span down the entire page and moves my

table
down.
As it currently stands, my table is behind the expanded header. I'm

able
manipulate it so that it is below the actual text in the header, but

when
make any changes, it messes everything up. Does anyone have a

solution to
this problem?
Thanks,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim H Kim H is offline

If that were the case, shouldn't I be able to select it? The only thing it
allows me to select is the actual text that I typed. It's like it doesn't
even acknowledge that the extra space is there.

"Kim H" wrote in message
I have several documents that have huge headers that span 1/2 way down

the
page with no text or empty paragraphs below the actual text within the
header. I tried using the ruler on the left by dragging the marker

up,
but
that only makes the header span down the entire page and moves my

table
down.
As it currently stands, my table is behind the expanded header. I'm

able
manipulate it so that it is below the actual text in the header, but

when
make any changes, it messes everything up. Does anyone have a

solution to
this problem?
Thanks,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you are in the header pane, click on the Select Objects tool on the
Drawing toolbar and wave it around to see if it spots anything. I assume
you've already ascertained that the header paragraph doesn't have a huge
amount of Spacing After?

"Kim H" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kim H Kim H is offline

I used the drawing selection tool; it did not recognize anything within the
header past the last pilcrow.

Regarding the spacing, I have it set up as 6 pt before and after. When I
select the text, I can see the spacing is correct. I also double-checked in
EditParagraph. I also double checked Page Setup several times.

Do you think it could be because these documents originated in Word 97 and
I'm using 2003?

"Kim H" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Send it as an attachment to an email. You can get my email address by
clicking on my name in this posting.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure the vertical

alignment is
set
Top and not Center.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.