Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jauchart Jauchart is offline

Default Changing number of pages

I'm trying to print out five copies of my draft dissertation for readers. The
first time I printed out chapter 1, it had 129 pages; the second time, 137
pages. It looks like it printed one less line on page 1, and then this
cascaded. This of course throws off all the tables, graphics, and maps, which
I had carefully lined up using Print Preview. Worse, it means chapter two
starts on a different page with each copy, and I would have to make a
different table of contents (with different page numbers) for each copy.

Is there any way to make sure it prints out the same every time?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Even though it sounds like all printing is being done on the same system,
same printer there may be a few related issues in the article available
he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

Specifically with regard to the formatting, hard page breaks & printer
metrics. If my above assumption is not accurate (same-same) the answer
definitely lies in that article as you will see... possibly coupled with a
font substitution issue.

Beyond that, more detail would be helpful - Was the "first time" a separate
print job, or were you printing 2 or more copies of the doc as a single job?
If multiple copies, did you use the Collating feature? Did you make *any*
adjustments to *anything* between the first printing & the second? If so,
what?

As another thought, if you have the resource availability you might want to
generate the doc as a PDF and use that for printing purposes.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones