Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DianaH DianaH is offline

Default updating a style

Ok ... I've forgotten how to update a style when I make changes to it in the
body of the document.
It used to be that you'd make the change, then click in the style box and
click enter ... it would then ask if you wanted to apply the changes to the
style.

How do I do this in 2003. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Clear "Keep track of formatting" and check "Prompt to update style"
on the Edit tab of ToolsOptions. Note that if you leave the former
option checked (which it is by default), you will be prompted to
update the style when you click its name in the Styles and Formatting
task pane (but you won't see the prompt when pressing Enter in the
Style box on the toolbar).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DianaH" wrote in message
Ok ... I've forgotten how to update a style when I make changes to

it in the
body of the document.
It used to be that you'd make the change, then click in the style

box and
click enter ... it would then ask if you wanted to apply the changes

to the
style.

How do I do this in 2003. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DianaH DianaH is offline

Thanks Stefan,

I don't like leaving the "Keep track of formatting" on because I end up with
a bazillion styles every time I edit something. I like to keep it clean,
however, I want to be able to periodically edit the style on the fly and
what you suggest should work. I'll give it a try. Thanks a bunch.
Diana

"DianaH" wrote in message
Ok ... I've forgotten how to update a style when I make changes to

it in the
body of the document.
It used to be that you'd make the change, then click in the style

box and
click enter ... it would then ask if you wanted to apply the changes

to the
style.

How do I do this in 2003. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP