Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GY2 GY2 is offline

Default Autotext entry's formatting

I've just gotten started with autotext and I can see that it will be an
important time saver for me if I can figure out how to use it well. Usually
while emailing, I have been using Alt+F3 to add a lot of new autotext
entries and that works fine.

My problem is that when I insert one of my autotext entries back into my
document, usually an email, it is often times formatted with a different
font, size, and/or color that that of the current paragraph.

I have somehow created three different sets of autotext entries, named
Normal, Normal(Web), and Plain Text.

What can I do to have the entries in all three catagories available to me,
but in the format of the current paragraph?

Where are these files of autotext entries stored? Can I edit these files
directly?

Any and all help will be very much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

AutoText is stored in templates, in Normal.dot by default.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

If you store a paragraph mark, it will contain formatting for the paragraph.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"GY2" wrote in message
I've just gotten started with autotext and I can see that it will be an
important time saver for me if I can figure out how to use it well.
Usually while emailing, I have been using Alt+F3 to add a lot of new
autotext entries and that works fine.

My problem is that when I insert one of my autotext entries back into my
document, usually an email, it is often times formatted with a different
font, size, and/or color that that of the current paragraph.

I have somehow created three different sets of autotext entries, named
Normal, Normal(Web), and Plain Text.

What can I do to have the entries in all three catagories available to me,
but in the format of the current paragraph?

Where are these files of autotext entries stored? Can I edit these files
directly?

Any and all help will be very much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GY2 GY2 is offline

Thank you Charles and good luck with your legal career.

Is anyone able to answer my specific autotext questions?

"GY2" wrote in message
I've just gotten started with autotext and I can see that it will be an
important time saver for me if I can figure out how to use it well.
Usually while emailing, I have been using Alt+F3 to add a lot of new
autotext entries and that works fine.

My problem is that when I insert one of my autotext entries back into my
document, usually an email, it is often times formatted with a different
font, size, and/or color that that of the current paragraph.

I have somehow created three different sets of autotext entries, named
Normal, Normal(Web), and Plain Text.

What can I do to have the entries in all three catagories available to
me, but in the format of the current paragraph?

Where are these files of autotext entries stored? Can I edit these files
directly?

Any and all help will be very much appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GY2 GY2 is offline

I'm sorry I have not been able to make myself more clear. Please let me try
again. I understand about the effects of saving the paragraph mark and I
also understand that the autotext entries are saved in my Normal template.

I have maybe 50-75 entries in each of two different styles, Normal and
Normal(web) and I would like to combine them without having to re-enter them
all. That is why I originally asked:

"Where are these files of autotext entries stored? Can I edit these
files directly?"

Any further help will still be much appreciated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
He already did. If you save an entry with a paragraph mark, you save
paragraph formatting, including font color and size.

so
all may benefit.

"GY2" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

They are stored in Normal.dot unless you chose to save them elsewhere. No,
they cannot be edited directly.

"GY2" wrote in message
I'm sorry I have not been able to make myself more clear. Please let me

try
again. I understand about the effects of saving the paragraph mark and I
also understand that the autotext entries are saved in my Normal template.

I have maybe 50-75 entries in each of two different styles, Normal and
Normal(web) and I would like to combine them without having to re-enter

them
all. That is why I originally asked:

"Where are these files of autotext entries stored? Can I edit

these
files directly?"

Any further help will still be much appreciated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
He already did. If you save an entry with a paragraph mark, you save
paragraph formatting, including font color and size.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"GY2" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GY2 GY2 is offline

Thanks a lot Suzanne. I guess the best thing for me to do is just re-key
them. That won't be too bad.