Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sasha gottfried sasha gottfried is offline

Default "move oject with text"

How do I set Word 2003 to default to UNCHECKING "move object with text" ?

Thanks,

marc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

You have to actually open normal.dot, insert your object, change the
defaults, then delete the object, close and save normal.dot.

"sasha gottfried" wrote in message
. ..
: How do I set Word 2003 to default to UNCHECKING "move object with text" ?
:
: Thanks,
:
: marc
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sasha gottfried sasha gottfried is offline

what is "normal.dot?"

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
You have to actually open normal.dot, insert your object, change the
defaults, then delete the object, close and save normal.dot.

"sasha gottfried" wrote in message
. ..
: How do I set Word 2003 to default to UNCHECKING "move object with text"
?
:
: Thanks,
:
: marc
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Normal.dot is the blank document template. Instructions on how to open
it can be found in the "To make other changes" section of the article
at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm.

Once you've opened normal.dot as a file, insert the object, clear the
"Move object with text" option. Click OK to confirm the settings and
close dialog boxes. Then right-click the object and click the Set
AutoShape defaults option. Delete the object and save the file.

Note: Although this works fine with text boxes and autoshapes, I'm not
convinced that it works reliably with other types of objects.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sasha gottfried" wrote in message
what is "normal.dot?"

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
You have to actually open normal.dot, insert your object, change

the
defaults, then delete the object, close and save normal.dot.

"sasha gottfried" wrote in message
. ..
: How do I set Word 2003 to default to UNCHECKING "move object

with text"
?
:
: Thanks,
:
: marc
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sasha gottfried sasha gottfried is offline

Doesn't seem to work with images....... which can really slow down a lot of
setting up pictures in a word doc. Maybe I'm missing a step.

Marc

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In a programming newsgroup, you could ask for a macro to set the
necessary options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP