Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Default 2007: Assign macro to keyboard & add icon to toolbar

I saw with pleasure that 2007 imported my 2003 macros. I need to create a keyboard
shortcut for several of them and also add an icon to a toolbar. Help is hopeless, or I'm
looking in the wrong place.

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

For the keyboard shortcut, click the Office icon (the File menu) and
Word Options. In the Customization tab, click the Keyboard Shortcuts
Customize button at the bottom. From there it works the same as 2003.

If you had a button on a toolbar in the 2003 template and you brought
that template into 2007, you'll find the button in the Custom Toolbars
group on the Add-Ins ribbon. If you need a new button, it'll have to
go on the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:19:41 -0400, "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote:

I saw with pleasure that 2007 imported my 2003 macros. I need to create a keyboard
shortcut for several of them and also add an icon to a toolbar. Help is hopeless, or I'm
looking in the wrong place.

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

news : For the keyboard shortcut, click the Office icon (the File menu) and
:
: If you had a button on a toolbar in the 2003 template and you brought
: that template into 2007, you'll find the button in the Custom Toolbars
: group on the Add-Ins ribbon. If you need a new button, it'll have to
: go on the Quick Access Toolbar.
:
: --
: Regards,
: Jay Freedman
: Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup so all may benefit.
:
: On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:19:41 -0400, "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote:
:
: I saw with pleasure that 2007 imported my 2003 macros. I need to create a keyboard
: shortcut for several of them and also add an icon to a toolbar. Help is hopeless, or
I'm
: looking in the wrong place.
:
: rs
:

Jay,

Ok on the Keyboard shortcuts. I didn't find any of my icons on the Add-ins tab, only Avery
Wiz and PDF Converter. Selection of icons in customization is pretty limited. How can I
add more or call in another library?

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:05:49 -0400, "tcebob" handle @ gwi.net wrote:

[...]

It sounds like the custom buttons in your 2003 template were added
onto one of the standard toolbars. Word 2007 discards those when it
loads the template. If you can, go back to 2003 and create a new
toolbar, put your buttons on it, and then bring that into 2007.

By comparison with 2003, Word 2007 has all the customizability of a
hockey puck. There is no button image editor, no icon import facility,
no user-defined toolbars, zip, nada. Sorry, Charlie...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

: It sounds like the custom buttons in your 2003 template were added
: onto one of the standard toolbars. Word 2007 discards those when it
: loads the template. If you can, go back to 2003 and create a new
: toolbar, put your buttons on it, and then bring that into 2007.
:
: By comparison with 2003, Word 2007 has all the customizability of a
: hockey puck. There is no button image editor, no icon import facility,
: no user-defined toolbars, zip, nada. Sorry, Charlie...
:

Suspicions confirmed.

Thanks, Harry