Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
meerkat_jo

Default Page set up as letter. But view chopped off at top and bottom marg

I'm having a problem with my default word page that comes up each time I open
Word. Firstly, I keep getting windows up asking me if I want to disable the
macros for the document. Then, the view doesn't reflect the page size the doc
is set up for (letter).

The print view if OK but the document I edit is chopped off at the top and
bottom where the margins are. Thus when I start typing I start right from the
top of the page, and the size looks more like a square than a letter or A4
page. But the margin settings and page size are set up for a letter, and
there is nothing abnormal about the settings. I have tried various page
views, but the result is the same.

Can anybody please help me? I would ideally like to restore to factory
settings to stop all this nonsense from happening!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the View tab and in the
Print and Web Layout options section of the dialog, check the box against
"White space between pages (Print view only).

You can also change whether or not this is displayed by moving the mouse
cursor over the space between the bottom of one page and the top of the next
until the cursor changes to two opposed vertical arrows and then clicking.

For the macro question problem, see the article "Why is my "Blank Document"
not blank?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"meerkat_jo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. Changing this setting
for documents while using Word should result in the new setting being
retained the next time you start Word, but see €œWD2002: Rules for €˜Hide
white space between pages€ at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297564

"meerkat_jo" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cucurutado cucurutado is offline

Default Page set up as letter. But view chopped off at top and bottom

Had the same problem as meerkat concerning the top and bottom margins
suddenly disappearing. Your explanation to correct was perfect.

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the View tab and in the