Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeremy Chapman Jeremy Chapman is offline

Default place holders in templates

I am creating a template and I want to create placeholders for users to
enter text in.

I tried inserting a field of type fill-in, but that actually prompts the
user with a dialog box. I've seen elsewhere where the field appears with a
grey background and text something like [Text here]. The user can select
the field and put there value in it, and when printed the entered text
prints correctly (no grey background). How do I do this?

As well, is it possible to enter instructional text below the field, and
have that text only show when the user edits the document (not when the
print)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Jeremy,
Maybe you can use a macrobutton field. See this excellent article:
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Look for the section "Use Macrobutton field without a macro"

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)