Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mscertified mscertified is offline

Default Right/Left alignment problem

My daughters teacher specified for my daughter's homework that her name and
class has to be right aligned but left aligned on each first character. In
other
words, the longest line will be right aligned, but the shorter lines will be
aligned with the first character of the longest line, e.g.

Joan Smith
English Lit
Period 2

and NOT

Joan Smith
English Lit
Period 2

How is this done??

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Put a left aligned tabstop at the position of the J in Joan

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mscertified" wrote in message
My daughters teacher specified for my daughter's homework that her name
and
class has to be right aligned but left aligned on each first character. In
other
words, the longest line will be right aligned, but the shorter lines will
be
aligned with the first character of the longest line, e.g.

Joan Smith
English Lit
Period 2

and NOT

Joan Smith
English Lit
Period 2

How is this done??

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mscertified mscertified is offline

Thanks for the response, could you tell me how to do that? I've never used
tab stops before.

Thanks.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In this case I would apply a left indent sufficient to move the paragraph to
the right margin. You'll need to end the lines with line breaks
(Shift+Enter) to keep the whole block in a single paragraph.