Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Siuan Siuan is offline

Default Need to create "newspaper" type columns within my document

I'm working with Word 2007 and in my document I have a few long sections
where the information on any given line is more than narrow enough to have
the information displayed in a newspaper format.

My question is how do I make that happen? Everytime I looks in Help, I keep
getting referenced to Tables and that's not what will work in this situation.

I remember doing something similar in WordPerfect but that was about 15
years ago so it doesn't help me much, outside of giving me a possible
solution to my document delema.

--
Siuan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Go to the Page Layout tab of the Ribbon in the the Page Setup chunk, click
on the Columns item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Siuan" wrote in message
I'm working with Word 2007 and in my document I have a few long sections
where the information on any given line is more than narrow enough to have
the information displayed in a newspaper format.

My question is how do I make that happen? Everytime I looks in Help, I
keep
getting referenced to Tables and that's not what will work in this
situation.

I remember doing something similar in WordPerfect but that was about 15
years ago so it doesn't help me much, outside of giving me a possible
solution to my document delema.

--
Siuan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Siuan Siuan is offline

Thanks a lot. I knew the sucker had to be there someplace.

This is a very helpful site.
--
Siuan

"Siuan" wrote in message
I'm working with Word 2007 and in my document I have a few long sections
where the information on any given line is more than narrow enough to have
the information displayed in a newspaper format.

My question is how do I make that happen? Everytime I looks in Help, I
keep
getting referenced to Tables and that's not what will work in this
situation.

I remember doing something similar in WordPerfect but that was about 15
years ago so it doesn't help me much, outside of giving me a possible
solution to my document delema.

--
Siuan

Mail Merge Data Question Tom Bean Mailmerge 7 May 26th 06 12:02 AM
Document Type Problem JoyceA Mailmerge 3 May 18th 06 11:19 AM
how to create a document with columns supertramp Microsoft Word Help 1 April 29th 05 01:48 AM
how do I create a document that lets me type without the document. Tara Phillips Microsoft Word Help 1 April 25th 05 02:20 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM