Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe

Default Address layout

I've just started with Win 2003 and tried to alter the Address Layout
as in Win 2000. Of course it doesn't work. Specifically I want to put
the Zip Code on to a separate line. How do I do this please? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Seven Seven is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

Import of Address Data to Word 2003

I have been attempting to customise the Address Layout in Word for a few days now but with little success. I have read a lot of sites but none seem to answer this, I want the to have under the persons name their Job Title & Company if it exsits - easy - but what i really want to happen is that if the Job Title and Company are not in outlook that the lines are supressed. Instead I find i get 2 blank lines between the name and the address.

I have followed the KB @ http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345, it suggest that the {} will suppress any blank information but in 2003 this doesn't seem to be the case - any throughts on what I am missing.

Below is the text enter into autotext.

{{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME | PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_TITLE}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}}

Thank you for any help you maybe able give.

Saul
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I am not sure if an If...then...Else field can be used in these
circumstances, but try:

{{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME |
PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{ IF {PR_TITLE} "" {PR_TITLE}
{ IF {PR_COMPANY_NAME} "" {PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS} { IF {PR_COMPANY_NAME} "" {PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS} {PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS} } } }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Seven" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The curly brackets define the field area so they need to be moved or
removed - Instead of

{{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME |
PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{PR_TITLE}
{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}}

you need

{PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX }PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
{PR_TITLE
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS

the DisplayName field would duplicate one of the other fields so is not
required.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm, which documents this and an
alternative method inserting Outlook data which you may find more flexible
and thus more useful. There are also sample envelope templates to download
which use this technique.

Seven wrote:
Hi,

Import of Address Data to Word 2003

I have been attempting to customise the Address Layout in Word for a
few days now but with little success. I have read a lot of sites but
none seem to answer this, I want the to have under the persons name
their Job Title & Company if it exists - easy - but what I really want
to happen is that if the Job Title and Company are not in outlook that
the lines are suppressed. Instead I find I get 2 blank lines between
the name and the address.

I have followed the KB @ http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345, it
suggest that the {} will suppress any blank information but in 2003
this doesn't seem to be the case - any thoughts on what I am missing.